Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Dublin Bound

The Hotel last night was about what you'd expect for a cheap stay at a Comfort Inn.  Went briefly to Harrod's last night - the store is a maze.  Once you're in it's easy to get lost (trapped?) inside and wander about.  Was going to try to get to Hamley's as well, but didn't make it.  Instead, got a ticket for "A Man For All Seasons" and had a quick dinner at an Irish pub - O'Niell's.  As for the show, the theater was nice and the seat decent, but its a good thing I saw the movie as I could not stay awake during the show - I left at intermission so I wouldn't bother anyone with my head nods or snoring.  Trying to sit still in a warm theater after only a nap on the flight over really puts one out.  I wandered about a bit after, but not much going on in the areas I was in (near Kings Cross).  In bed at 11pm and I believe I'm properly time adjusted now.

 

I'm now zooming across the English countryside on the way to Holyhead to catch the ferry to Don LaoireSkys are clear for the moment, but the weather this morning said it might snow.  Countryside views are typical - horses, cows, sheep - lots of open space.  One interesting bit are the canals that run through the area with canal boats/barges on them.  Look to be the equivalent of our motor homes - even with the occasional "campground" where many gather.  Seems like it would be a relaxing way to travel.

No comments: