Monday, May 08, 2006

Rome - Day 3, St Peters (cont)


IMG_1127
Originally uploaded by pdbreen.
Next up was a climb to the top of the dome. A small line here, but was on the stairs on the way up in about 10 minutes. I opted to save 3 euro's and use the stairs for the entire climb. Only problem was the group in front of me was going very, very slow. About half way up, I was able to move past as they stopped to rest. As I reach the final part of the climb, I find myself once again behind a very large woman that is climbing the stairs every so slowly...
Finally, the top! It was a beautiful morning and the views of Rome were quite nice. On the way down, I stopped at the halfway point and took this picture of the statues that overlook St Peters sq. Kind of looks like a rock band waving to the crowd!

No comments: